[3830] GW0GEI SO Unlimited in CQWW 160 SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] GW0GEI SO Unlimited in CQWW 160 SSB
From: steve@rjtrain.demon.co.uk (Steve Jones)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 22:04:28 +0000
          CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: GW0GEI                   Country:  Wales
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Unlimited

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    397    2248      24      48    =   161,856

Equipment Description:

Kenwood TS850sat, TL922, Heil HC5,  160m inverted V @ 70ft

I enjoyed working my first 48 countries on 160m in my first go on ssb on
this band. The qrm was bearable most of the time. Low point was 15 mins
spent screaming at IT9EQO who tried to steal my run frequency when he
was 40 over 9 and pretended he could not hear me. High point was seeing
him off after he had tried working a G2 on the freq for 10 minutes.
Best DX for me was V47KP.  I only did 20 hours in the contest but there
was not much about after 0800z each morning or before 2200z. See you
next year I hope.

Club Affiliation: GB7ADX Cluster Support Group

 Signature _____Steve Jones_______
--
Steve Jones
GW0GEI in IO73TG, IOTA EU124