KM0L SS cw SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KM0L SS cw SOHP
From: km0l@net (Steve Lufcy)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 21:03:09 -0600 (CST)
Sweepstakes CW score
call: KM0L
op: KM0L
sec: MO
cat: SO High Power
hrs: 24

band   Q's   sec
-----------------
80    299         inv V at 60'
40    431         rotatable dipole at 65'
20    308         A4 at 65'
15     27         "
-----------------
tot  1065  x  78   =>   166,140

line: KM0L  MO   166,140   1065   78   24

rig: TS-940s, MLA2500B  800 watts,  386 w/ CT 7.06
     T4XC/R4C to HF6V vert,  286 laptop  for 2nd rig

soap: GAWD! this is fun. Not bad for single op from here. Tried some real
two radio operating- its quite a distraction. The SS exchange is too long
to try to hold the run freq on 1st radio while working someone on the 2nd
radio- especially if the barefoot Drakes to the vertical don't get 'em on
the first call. My personal best was 1102 Q's in '92 and I came close to
it this time, with the additional multiplier.
80 meters played well for me Saturday night, but 40 carried the load. 40
was open coast to coast most of the day and night. 20 was so so and 15
only good for big west coast stations. I even listened some on 160 but no
fun there. Got my sweep from VE5SF at around 18:00. Could concentrate on
rate all Sunday afternoon. VE6SH/8 answered my CQ but I had already
worked 'JA Saturday aftyernoon. Finished up at around 02:15 with 24 hours.
Hope to work you all on ssb- maybe from bigger station.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC