[3830] WPX CW N8II SOAB Unassisted Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N8II SOAB Unassisted Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:19:49 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 17:44

  160:    0
   80:    0
Total:  949  Prefixes = 542  Total Score = 1,429,254

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

After very poor conditions earlier in the week, conditions were fantastic at the
start. 15M was open to all Continents with EU signals from very southern and
northern but few western EU. JA's were not that loud. On 20 EU signals were just
pounding in from all over and Central Asians were few but loud. Unfortunately I
conked out at 0223Z with just over 150 Q's in the log. After failing to get up
at an early hour, a big effort was just not to be. I also had a cookout
commitment which ended my test at 1930Z Sunday. Conditions Saturday on 15 were
quite excellent with a few Asians including a JA and VR2 logged along with many
loud EU. I was able to run at a decent rate until about 16Z. After a early
afternoon break, conditions and activity dropped. 20M into EU was disappointing
with some loud signals but not that much activity compared to past years. 15
opened to Asia in the evening, but Japanese stations were mostly weak with
several not able to copy my LP signal. At 0005Z my score was only about 550K;
after 2-1/3 hours on 40, it was over 950K! Conditions were good enough for me to
run a decent number of EU ops along with many new USA East Coast prefixes.

Sunday I was hoping to catch up on JA prefixes at 12Z on 20M, not a one heard,
but 3D2 and VL2 were added. Sunday after 16Z was pretty slow despite some long
lasting Es on 15M into New England and the Gulf Coast.

Throughout the test I kept my 20/15M yagis on EU almost all of the time to
maximize the higher point non USA Q's. I had a lack of USA 0 prefixes for sure,
not much of any Es to there. Going into the test my line noise was bad, during
the test only a minor issue costing me just a few Q's. Many thanks for all of
the Q's and congrats to all of the high scoring LP ops.

73, Jeff